Winter sales in Europe
Giant winter sales has been started in all European shopping catpitals. Plan your shopping trip already now because there is a risk that by the end of January in stores nothing left. Arriving especially for bargain shopping should save time to visit the big department stores and shopping centres.
Department stores are always a safe bet for the savvy bargain hunter as everything can be found under one roof. Plus there is a chance to grab a coffee if you start to feel tired. Try it and you will be pleased!
SALES IN GERMANY - Dresden
Dresden definitely belongs to the top destinations where you can find great bargains after Christmas. The city’s traditional shopping promenade begins in Old Town at the main railway station and continues down Prager Straße across Altmarkt Square to Wilsdruffer Straße, ending in the area surrounding the Frauenkirche. On the Neustadt side of the Elbe River, the charming Baroque quarter between Hauptstraße and Königstraße is filled with unique and fun shops, as is Outer Neustadt after crossing Albertplatz. And what department stores you shouldn´t miss? SALES start alread 26/1/2015 ! Be prepared !
- ALTMARKT-GALERIE (Webergasse) - the second-largest shopping mall in the downtown area, this is an oasis of shopping comfort featuring 200 shops, cafés and restaurants
- CENTRUM GALERIE (Trompeterstraße 5) - the shopping centre with huge range of the products: fresh food in the basement, fashion on ground floor, sport and leisure wear on the first floor
- GLOBETROTTER (Prager Straße 10) - everything you need in the travel and outdoor find here on four floors, sport equipment can be tried and tested on overhanging climbing wall, in a cold chamber with snowstorm facility and rain chamber, there is 160-square-metre canoeing basin with counter current for testing sailing boats, kayaks and canoes, there is already Dresden´s largest travel bookshop
- QF u Frauenkirche (Quartier an der Frauenkirche, Neumarkt 1) - in the shopping passages and around the Neumarkt square, you will find countless shops and exclusive boutiques offering a select choice of wares for all those seeking something special. Collectors of art and antiques are equally certain to satisfy your desires.
- BAROCKVIERTEL (Innere Neustadt) - the Baroque townhouses and romantic inner courtyards along the exclusive Königstrasse boulevard form a delightful atmosphere for elegant boutiques, antique shops and exquisite restaurants serving select international cuisine. One special attraction of this Baroque district is the Quartier for Modern Art, uniting five galleries devoted to different aspects of contemporary art. Also nearby, you find the Neustadt Market Hall, a jewel of late 19th century architecture. This beautifully rebuilt three-floor market building offers everyday stores and all sorts of specialty items from around the world.
- KUGELHAUS (Wiener Platz) - shopping paradise in a ball-shaped house building
- PRAGER SPITZE (Wiener Platz) - with its 130-metre-long glass facade the Prager Spitze marks the starting point of the majestic Prager Straße shopping mall that extends from Dresden´s main station to the old town
- KARSTADT (Prager Straße) - huge department store carries quality clothing, shoes, home fashions, toys, electronics, cosmetics, music and gourmet groceries. This store, with the largest bookshop in all of East Germany, hosts various cultural events that makes it an interesting place to visit.
- KUNSTHOFPASSAGE (between Alaunstraße and Görlitzer Straße) - the trendiest shops for fashion, jewellery and music are to be found between Alaunstrasse, Boehmische Strasse and Rothenburger Strasse. With its whimsical facades, unique shops and studios is a must-see for anyone visiting Neustadt. Nor should one miss Pfund’s Dairy on Bautzner Straße – not only ‘the world’s most beautiful dairy shop’, but home to the most extensive selection of cheese in all of Saxon.
SALES IN GERMANY - Berlin
Winter sales are coming! Take advantage of season´s savings and satisfy all your shopping cravings abroad. Berlin - is the city where you find great shopping and great deals!
- GALERIA KAUFHOF Berlin Alexanderplat (Alexanderplatz 9) - a department store of the German trade chain Galeria Kaufhof which sells a wide range of products, including fashion, beauty products, food, sports equipment, toys and living accessories on five floors. It also has a section for children where clothing and toys can be found. The ground flloor is like a large supermarkt with food products from all over the world and various counters with ready made meals.
- KaDeWe (Tauentzienstraße 21) - a luxurious department store located in Berlin's city west at Wittenbergplatz near Kurfürstendamm. The KaDeWe offers a great range of extravagant goods and many special services. Besides high-quality design clothing and living items the department store also offers luxurious beauty rooms and lounges, a wedding and gift service, a hotel and home service, a tailor, hairdressers, buggy rental and a bureau de change. All in all about 2,000 employees take care of the needs and wishes of the customers. Customers can purchase premium food products (on the 6th floor) from all over the world and also enjoy the delicious offers at various bars, restaurants and cafés.
- POTSDAMER PLATZ ARKADEN (Alte Potsdamer Straße 7) - The arcades are home to 140 shops with textiles, designer goods, shoes and much more. Nearby entertainment options include the Cinemaxx complex, the musical theatre and a casino.
- KAISER-WILHELM-PASSAGE (Kaiser-Wilhelm-Platz 1)
- EUROPA-CENTER Berlin (Tauentzienstraße 9) - On a space of all in all about 80,000 sqm the tenants of the Europa-Center range from shops to restaurants, companies, the Hotel Palace and even a cabaret-theatre. The shopping area is distributed on three floors and covers around 70 retail shops and services. They include fashion stores, jewelleries, bookshops, consumer electronics, cosmetics, travel agencies and a money exchange office.
- ALEXA EINKAUFSZENTRUM (Grunerstraße 20) - the best place to shopping in Berlin
SALES IN PARIS
Do you love Paris? Do you love the Parisian fashion? Is there any better place on Earth to visit for sublime shopping? All your shopping desires can be granted here. The Parisian department stores have become must-see monuments to rival the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame. Find the fabulous by venturing to Paris from January, when five weeks of massive sales kick off. Les Soldes are here for you!
- GALERIES LAFAYETTE (40 Blvd. Haussmann) - offers a unique shopping experience to its visitors, on almost 16.000 m2 spread over three floors, the largest international women´s fashion department brings together nearly 350 brands, renowned labels and avant-garde signatures you find on the 1st floor, on the 5th floor Lafayette Enfant (a 5.000 m2 space devoted to children aged 0-12 years), men can satisfy all their fashion needs at Lafayette Homme, beauty, lingerie, shoes and accessories haven´t been forgotten, fashion and gastronomy go hand in hand thanks Lafayette Gourmet, a delicatessen offering a real gourmet journey by presenting flavours from all over the world
- PRINTEMPS (64 Blvd. Haussmann) - one of the major department stores in Paris listed as historical monument, offers you the opportunity to find the latest in fashion, luxury, homeware and beauty all in one place, enjoy here a panoramic terrace with an exceptional view over Paris
- LE BON MARCHÉ (24 Rue Sevres) - the first department store to open in Paris, today it epitomizes French elegance and refinement for fashion and even fine food
- BEAUGRENELLE (16 Rue Linois) - the largest and newest shopping mall in downtown Paris opened in autumn 2013, an enormous complex with three centres across six floors
- The historic MARAIS QUARTER - try antiques or fine-art shopping on the Place des Vosges, jewellery shopping or boutiques like Satellite on Rue des Francs-Bourgeois (a major center of unique fashion adn design, including some of Paris´s top perfume shops such as Diptyque), or explore boutiques featuring up-and-coming designers on Rue des Rosiers
- COLETTE (213 Rue St. Honoré) - Paris´s cult store hosting an incredible selection of merchandise, visit the water bar at the lower level to enjoy the full experience
- ESPACE KILIWATCH (64 Rue Tiquetonne) - cool collections of urban clothes
- MERCI (111 Blvd. Beaumarchais) - Paris´s latest concept shopping sensation that gives all its profits to the charity, is housed in a 19th-century fabric factory
- SUITE 114 (114 Rue du Bac) - are you looking for something a little more . . . . creative and refreshing alternative? You are right here!
- L ´ECLAIREUR (40 Rue de Sévigne, 26 Avenue des Champs Elysées) - . . . "this is not just a shop, it is an experience . . . "
- BHV (14 Rue du Temple) - ideally situated in the heart of Paris, offers several spaces: culture, women´s fashion, home decor, toys and not forgetting the lower ground floor for do-it-yourself department
- Le Grande Epicerie de Paris (Bon Marche´s Grocery Store and Delicatessen) 38 Rue de Sévers - the best choice for all food-lovers