WHY to visit Tropicarium - Oceanarium Budapest:
The complex is located on the ground floor of the shopping center Campona, the opportunity to experience the diversity of tropical life in the entire section, you can take a look beneath the surface of the seas and the tropical lakes, walk through the rainforest, the resort is divided into several halls.
room 1 presents fish species of the Hungarian fauna¸ including protected Hungarian fish. The underwater world can be observed in its natural environment in the outer pools.
in room 2 you can imagine walking in the depth of rainforests with colourful exotic birds flying freely above our heads and squirrel monkeys jumping branch to branch with ease, not to mention the elegantly stretching snakes in green, yellow, red and other colours.
- the third room introduces us to the world of alligators and the tropical rainforests
- the 11-meter-long observation tunnel and the huge, 4-meter-deep shark aquarium offer a breathtaking sight, where the frightening looking sand tiger sharks, leopard and brown sharks swim only arm's length from the visitors
- the freshwater department presents the fish species that live in the beautiful and pristine lakes of Asia and Africa among green water plants and cliffs, in an environment that resembles the original, piranhas are the real ‘stars' here
Events for visitors:
guided tours with commented feeding of the selected animals, Souvenir Shop of Tropicarium, snack bar, viewing points with seats
daily 10.00 am - 8.00 pm
207 CZK, reduced prices 144 CZK, children under 4 years gratis (transfer from HUF to CZK)
WHY to visit ZOO Budapest:
The special character of the pavilions, some of them ranks among the architercural monuments. Many of them are built in the style reminding the architecture around the world. 700 species of breeding animals, 2000 species of European and tropical plants, 16 pavilions plus butterfly exhibition. Thanks to the variety and abundace of the animal species and exhibitions is the walk through the zoo really all day experinece for the nature lovers.
- house of life and death - thanks to the opening views into the incubators of the ova and to the exhibitions with the animals decomposing the corpses, the visitors can observe the entire life cycle from birth to death
- two man-made caves with indoor exhibition
- Japanese and cactus garden
- citrus garden
- large pavilion of aquariums
- walk through exhibition of tropical butterflies (in the summer)
Events for visitors:
elephant´s bathing, seal´s exercise, birds of prey demonstration, talking about coatis, presentation of stick insect, several children´s playgrounds, maze, petting zoo, shopping & souvenirs facilities
summer season: Mon – Thu 9.00 am – 6.30 pm, Fri – Sun 9.00 am – 7.00 pm
180 CZK, reduced prices 126 CZK, children under 2 years gratis (transfer from HUF to CZK)
- Route from the station Eurolines, Népliget to ZOO and Botanical garden - Fövárosi Állat- és Növénykert, Állatkerti krt. 6-12